Currently my interests are focused on AS3 which means that this project ( written in AS2) has no priority right now. So people who install (or have installed) FlashBox do this “as-is“. I haven’t seen any problems with FlashBox on WordPress 2.5(.1) so there is no reason you shouldn’t use this plugin. I still use it!
Because the best place to experiment with FlashBox is in the ‘wild’, so I sometimes use the latest (not published) version of FlashBox on my blog.
There is a possibility the version you see here (and the rest of the blog) could be an experimental version. And the version that you download is not the one you saw here, but when I use FlashBox here it mean there that there is going to be an update pritty soon!
You can follow my progress in the Flashbox directory.
Lightbox JS Flashbox is a simple, unobtrusive script used to overlay images on the current page. It’s a snap to setup and works on all modern browsers.
Perhaps you’re looking for a alternative for Lightbox / thickbox / graybox?
Or something that’s smaller then Lightbox, but with animation?
And because Flash can show the following images SWF, JPEG, GIF, or PNG files.
(Support for unanimated GIF files, PNG files, and progressive JPEG files is added in Flash Player 8. If you load an animated GIF, only the first frame is displayed.)
So LightBox will be better in animated Gif, because Flash will only show the first frame of the animated gif. But Flashbox can also show SWF filesâ¦ So Iâll call it even.
But flash can also show .FLV and play .MP3 which of course is a big plus!
- Show local images and images on other server
- Show a single image or a group
- Is active before all images on the page are loaded
- Key navigation
- Gallery thumbs for bigger jumps in a image-group
Download WordPress Plugin – Download FlashBox v1.4
- FlashBox v 1.4 [2007-20-03] – FlashBox v1.4 – IE6 blocks content
- FlashBox v 1.3 [2007-12-03] – FlashBox v1.3
- FlashBox v 1.2 [2007-03-03] – FlashBox v1.2: fixed error with comma in title
- FlashBox v 1.1 [2007-26-02] – Fixed visibility bug FF2 (Apple)
- FlashBox v 1.0 [2007-13-02] – Initial release
view a couple of examples
Different sizeImages in one group:
Todo and requests
I’ve moved this content to a post, which is much easier to manage.
So for request or an todo list, Flashbox – Todo and requests
How to Use:
Nice to know: FlashBox is based upon Lightbox, and you don’t have to change all
rel="lightbox" – tags because it will also work with FlashBox.
So if you are already using Lightbox and want to experiment with FlashBox, you can without changing anything.
If you are not using lightbox yet, but you’re not sure if FlashBox is all that, you can choose to use rel=”lightbox” because it’s backwards compatible
But I reather have you use rel=”flashbox” for officious reasons!
You can use FlashBox without a WordPress blog, just download the WordPress Plugin and extract the zip in the main folder (root folder) of your site, delete the
wp-flashbox.php and follow the next instructions:
Part 1 – Setup
- Include the Flashbox CSS file (or append your active stylesheet with the Flashbox styles).
Part 2 – Activate
- Add a
rel="flashbox"attribute to any link tag to activate the flashbox. For example:
Optional: Use the
titleattribute if you want to show a caption.
- If you have a set of related images that you would like to group, follow step one but additionally include a group name between square brackets in the rel attribute. For example:
And because it also works with lightbox:
No limits to the number of image sets per page or how many images are allowed in each set. Go nuts!
- Firefox 18.104.22.168 (fixed but not transparent)
- Opera 9.10
- Safari 1.3.2
- Camino 1.0.4
- Firefox 22.214.171.124
- Opera 9.10
- IE 7.0
IE 6.0(non-constant behavior)
- IE 5.5
IE 5.0.1: crashed, but I will never support this browswer
You can report bugs and requests at this post: Flashbox – Todo and requests.
People who deserve some props:
- Lightbox JS v2.0 – by Lokesh Dhakar
- SWFObject – by Geoff Stearns
- Browser detect – by Peter-Paul Koch [quirksmode]
- domFunction – by James Edwards [brothercake]
- SE|PY – SE|PY is a FREE ActionScript editor for Macromedia Flash files
- TweenLite.as – an excellent piece op work by Jack Doyle.
- Creative Commons – This work is licensed under a CC Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 License.
- Simpla Theme – for a quick css page